Trinity Bridge

Joined the Summer Garden to the Petersburg (now Petrograd) Side. Stone piles for the pontoon Trinity (Suvorov) Bridge were laid (1824–27), replacing the floating Resurrection Bridge further upstream. Permanent bridge built on this site by French engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel and Batignolles (1897–1903). Foundation stone laid by Tsar Nicholas II and President Félix Faure of France (1897).

Random articles