The Premier Site for Russian Culture
Built by Domenico Trezzini as part of the transfer of the commercial port from Trinity Square to Vasilyevsky Island (1721–37). Housed trading outlets, stock exchange and customs. Fell into disuse when the port was transferred to Gutuyev Island. Almost completely dismantled (1889–1910). Replaced by the Directorate of Indirect Taxation and the Crown Sale of Beverages designed by K. K. Tarasov and the Ministry of Trade and Industry designed by Marian Peretiatkovich (1914–15).