Obukhov Factory

The factory was originally founded by Pavel Obukhov, Sergei Kudryavtsev and Nikolai Putilov as a steel foundry (1863). It was renamed the Obukhov Factory (1869) and acquired by the crown (1886). One of the leading Russian steelworks, it did not have any distinct specialisation. The factory produced twenty sorts of steel, armour plating for ships, artillery instalments, cannons, shells, mines, steel and iron bars, steam crankshafts, surgical and drawing instruments, gun barrels, rifle magazines, railroad wheels, tyres and axles.

Random articles