Russia St Petersburg Architecture Palace Palace of Count Alexei Bestuzhev-Ryumin

Palace of Count Alexei Bestuzhev-Ryumin

Original house on the site belonged to Prince Alexander Menshikov (1710). After he was sent into exile (1727), the house was awarded to Count Heinrich Johann Friedrich Ostermann and rebuilt. After the resignation and exile of Ostermann, the palace belonged to Count Alexei Bestuzhev-Ryumin (1741). After his exile, it returned to the crown (1759). Alexander Vist rebuilt the palace as the Senate (1763). Ivan Starov reconstructed the building (1780–90). Carlo Rossi reconstructed the house and the neighbouring building into the Senate and Synod (1829–34).

Random articles