Yelagin Palace

Built by Giacomo Quarenghi for lord chamberlain Ivan Yelagin on Yelagin Island (1780s). A granite landing wharf was built in front of the palace (late 18th century). Inherited by Dowager Empress Maria Fyodorovna and rebuilt by Carlo Rossi, who added the Kitchen, Stables, Music Pavilion and Conservatory (1818–22). One of the summer residences of members of the imperial family (1817–1917).

Random articles